Sinus Post-Operative Instructions
- Do not blow your nose, just wipe if you need to clean your nose.
- Do not smoke or use smokeless tobacco.
- Do not drink liquids through a straw.
- Do not lift or pull on lip to look at sutures, it may pull out the stitches.
- If you must sneeze, do so with your mouth open to avoid unnecessary pressure on the sinus and nasal area. Do not close off your nostrils.
- Take all medication as directed.
- If you’ve had a graft placed you may be aware of small white granules in your mouth for the next few days. This is not unusual.
- In some instances a nosebleed may develop up to 2-3 days afterwards. This can be normal and should not cause a great deal of concern. Please let our office know if it persists.
Please call our office if:
- You feel granules in your nose.
- Your medications do not not relieve your discomfort or you have had a reaction to any medications.