Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive the patient home.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages for 24 hours prior to surgery.
- Please wear a loose fitting, dark short sleeved shirt for the procedure and low-heeled shoes.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- Remove all jewelry, necklaces, bracelets and piercings prior to your arrival.
- Please bring any removable dentures to the surgery appointment.
- Do not wear your hair in a bun or in an elastic tie on the back of your head.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or upset stomach, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with us prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- If you have been instructed to take any medications prior to the procedure, please take them with a sip of WATER only.
- Avoid driving a vehicle or operating any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office prior to your appointment.